October 23, 2014

Crochet Baby Blanket


Handmade baby blanket
Crochet Baby Blanket
I started crocheting this baby blanket about ten weeks ago. This was my first ever motif project, and as you can see, it took me quite a while to finish it. I have never made an afghan or anything out of squares before, but I got so inspired by Dragomira's blanket that I knew immediately - I need to make one too!

Handmade baby blanket

 I crocheted 36 granny squares using Caron Simply Soft acrylic yarn and a 2.75 mm hook. It measures only about 2' by 2' (65x65 cm), but even making it this small was quite a challenge for me. And by challenge I mean it was hard to make these squares again and again :-)

This blanket will be a gift for a baby girl that my friend is expecting. 

Handmade baby blanket



Knitted baby booties and hat that I previously blogged about are meant for the same baby.

Handmade baby blanket

I love being on Istagram. Follow me @mango_tree_crafts for my current projects and pictures of my WIPs :-)

Thank you for stopping by and have a great day! :-)

Lilia

*Please do not republish photos as your own*
Baby blanket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...